Best Way To Measure To Buy Blinds Online UK For Windows
Once Winston Churchill said, “We shape our home, and then our home shapes us.”
The basic need of life is shelter, food, and Air. These are the primary concern for a normal life. The shelter where we live is known as our Home. Home is not built with cement or bricks. A home is when we shape it with love, care, and affection. Once we have shaped our home, our life is also set in a specific lifestyle. Home decoration indeed is an exciting project. Adding a new look to the interior makes the entire concept of renovation and redecoration more exciting and adventurous. While planning interior decorations, you will get multiple options available in the market, but choosing the right things completely depends upon your need and budget. Similarly, choosing a blind for the interiors is an important factor. You can now even buy blinds online UK.
What is a Blind?
Home will be a suffocating jail if there are zero windows. And windows need to be covered, or else there will be no privacy in your home. To maintain privacy, a Blind is an important accessory that you will require to cover the window. There was a time when you had a limited number of choices, but today you have plenty of options available on the plate. There are multiple options of color, shape, size, and material online. Hence to choose the best blind for your home, you need to consider these factors. Apart from these, you have to choose the blind of the right measurement.
Before searching blinds for sale UK, learn how to measure them for Windows.
A new blind will add an extra value, as it looks classy and help control the light and privacy. Before you start searching the offers on blinds for sale UK, you have to know how to measure a blind so that you can choose the right one for your home. Let’s have a look:
Before jumping into the measurement process, let's have a look at the different types of blinds from which you have to choose.
- Horizontal Blind
- Vertical Blind is the most popular one for large windows and sliding glass doors.
- Energy-efficient blinds, which help in temperature control in the interior.
- Remote control blinds can be adjusted with the light with the help of a remote.
Generally, blinds can be installed in two different ways. Here are the steps that can be followed to install the blind in two different ways.
Inside- mounted blinds within the window-
- At first, you have to measure the window's frame from top to middle and bottom.
- It is advised to use the smallest measurement for the window width to make sure that the blind will clear the side of the window frame.
- Take the measurements for the window frame and the height inside it. Then, divide the width by the height to determine the width of the window.
- To determine the width of the window blind, measure the width from the outermost point to the window's height.
- Use the largest measurement for the window width so that it covers the entire opening.
- Outside mounted blinds
- measure the width of the horizontal blinds to the closest intersection of the outermost & highest points of the room.
- measure the height to the closest 1/8 of an inch between the top & bottom points of the horizontal blinds.
- Take these measurements to determine the height of your horizontal blinds.
The following measurement tips will help you to make the right measurement of the blind of the windows.
The wrap up.
If you think that you can choose a random blind for your interior, the probability is that you will destroy the look of the house. When you are picking the blind, measurement is the most important factor that you have to consider. You have to be very cautious with the measurement. Now that you know how you can measure the blind for the window. What are you waiting for? Get your blind today.